We thank everyone who has sent their expression of interest to Volunteer at The Melbourne Clinic. We have had a positive response with a number of amazing volunteers due to commence at the end of March. At the moment we have reached our capacity and cannot accept any further expressions of interest. As this is a new program at The Melbourne Clinic, more opportunities may become available later in the year.
The Melbourne Clinic is a large private mental health hospital located in Richmond, offering inpatient, day program and outreach services.
We offer a supportive and inclusive working environment. We are committed to providing our staff with a structured induction and orientation. We value individuality and embrace people with differing experiences, knowledge and skills with the intention of building a thriving, professional working environment that is both nurturing and safe.
Are you looking for an opportunity to:
- Develop skills and get work related experiences
- Build your confidence in a work environment
- Be part of a dedicated team
Volunteering at our hospital covers a range of areas including
- Administration- assisting our administration staff
- Guide- welcoming and directing our patients and visitors around the hospital
- Patient Visitor- Visiting our patients, playing board games, chatting
Our Volunteer program will provide
- Training and orientation
- Free car parking
- Team orientated environment
To apply to be a volunteer, you will need to
- Be over 18 years old
- Undertake a police check
- Have a current working with children check
- Attend an interview
- Complete orientation and any training as required
- Abide by hospital policies and guidelines, including privacy legislation
- Sign a position description and confidentiality agreement
How to apply
Apply directly to Sue Jones, Quality Manager, email@example.com or call 03 9420 9343
Please send through a short cover letter about yourself including why you would like to volunteer at The Melbourne Clinic.