Graduate Nurse Program
The Melbourne Clinic
The Melbourne Clinic is Australia’s largest private mental health service, providing 205 inpatient beds, standalone Day Program Centre and an Outreach Program.
Nationally and internationally renowned for the provision of quality mental health care services, our focus is to provide patients with support and expertise from a comprehensive Multi-Disciplinary Team of mental health professionals. These include, over 200 accredited psychiatrists, experienced registered Mental Health Nurses, Allied Health Staff (Psychologists, Social Workers, Dietitians, Exercise Physiologist, Music Therapist and Art Therapist), in conjunction with several key support services such as Administration and Housekeeping services.
We are seeking individuals who are organised, proactive, resourceful, motivated, compassionate and resilient. If this resonates with you, then the opportunity to be part of The Melbourne Clinic’s Graduate Nurse Program should not be missed!
The Melbourne Clinic’s Graduate Nurse Program offers a supportive and friendly learning environment in which Graduate Nurses are encouraged to develop professionally and personally, through exposure to a broad variety of clinical areas.
In addition to a dedicated Graduate Nurse Program Educators, we provide a comprehensive orientation, a structured mentor program, paid study days and regular tutorials. These will ensure the best start possible for you as a newly registered nurse.
What our Graduate Nurse Program offers:
- Three rotations across various general and specialty areas of The Melbourne Clinic and 2 other participating hospitals in the program (The Victoria Clinic and North Park Private)
- Educator and mentor support
- A comprehensive orientation day
- Five paid study days during the year
- Eligibility for credit towards post graduate studies at Melbourne University upon successful completion of the program
- 2 Supernumerary Days
The program requires participants to complete and submit the following tasks throughout the year:
- 11 Clinical Competencies
- 2 Written Assignments
- 1 Oral Presentation
- 1 Exam
Shift load/Contracted hours:
The expected rostered hours for Graduate Nurse’s at The Melbourne Clinic are 0.8 fortnightly, eight total shifts per fortnight.
We welcome applications from nurses registered in Australia, who are approaching graduation or recently graduated. Before you can commence work, and therefore your graduate program, you will require registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia. You can find out more about the registration process at
Application period is open from the 10th April to 7th May 2021.
Please prepare in advance and have the following available when you commence your online application:
- A covering letter outlining:
- the rationale for your application to The Melbourne Clinic’s Graduate Nurse Program
- Your clinical areas of interest
- Where applicable details of how you meet the English language requirements for registration. Please attach your test results
- Current CV
- Certified copy of your Academic transcript
- A copy of certified clinical reports (one general and one mental health)
- Two recent clinical referees
Applications that do not contain the above information may not be considered.
For any enquiries contact:
The Melbourne Clinic
130 Church Street
Richmond VIC 3121
Phone: (03) 9487 4614
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please indicate ‘Graduate Nurse Enquiries’ in the subject line)
Please click here to download our brochure.